Monday, March 09, 2009

Short road trip report...

Last week I had 2 tests and a paper...it was a(nother) pretty busy week and I was really happy to get to the first totally "free" weekend in a while (i.e. all mandatory massage hours for this quarter are DONE and I'm just doing them for fun now-boo-yeah!). Friday was one of my favorite days in a long time...in the afternoon, I went to see Dale, the pain guru, for a hamstring treatment. A friend from school, Shannon, went along, and a 1-hour appointment turned into a 3-hour tutorial as Dale spent a lot of extra time with us. We walked out feeling like we'd gotten a semester's worth of instruction and I think Dale enjoyed it as much as we did...he's becoming a great mentor. Friday night, I had a fun girls' night dinner with Tatyana, Liz, and Rebecca that gave me a long overdue reason to make a huge batch of chicken enchiladas...I've been craving the chance to cook for people lately, and we had a great evening over on Mercer Island (The Shoebox is a great place to create food, but not such a great place to host guests, so Liz hosted!).

On Saturday, I went south to Portland to play with Holly...followed by a stop on the way home in Olympia on Sunday to couch-surf at Heather & Chase's for the L-Word finale. Holly and I went to the Portland Saturday market and then to this cool micro-brewery called Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB), where one of the master brewers, Jamie, is a friend of hers. Jamie....seen here...gave us a cool tour and, of course, some samples. Way fun and some super great beer.
We also went for sushi with some fun girls on Saturday night and I got to see more of Portland on Sunday before I drove north.

This morning, I woke up at Heather & Chase's to snow (AGAIN??!!) and drove home in time for clinic/school this afternoon and book club...it was a good full low-stress weekend, and pretty much all fun except for sitting on an icepack in the car for the hammie...did I mention that twice in the last week, I've had dreams about running? Can't wait till those dreams become reality again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're the only person I know who correctly uses the abbreviation i.e.
Thanks for the blog update!