Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Triple triple

Today is the first day my legs didn't hurt since the weekend...there was a bit of a quad explosion after that hike, and I was a lot more sore than I anticipated, whew.

This morning I decided to run intervals at the track...my hip was a little better the last few days (key word: was), and I thought it'd be fun to do some speed work. I also tried to continue working on the new form (old dog, new tricks...I'm learning how to run after being an athlete for 35 years), especially on the track. I do think I'm making a little (ok, very little, but it's something) progress and I did 3 x 800s and hit them all in a pretty respectable time. After the 3rd one, though, my hip was really really pissed so I took the short way back to the car for the warmdown.

Yesterday turned into a swim-only day, so I wanted to get in bike ride today, too. I didnt' have a ton of time at lunch and it was cold (50 degrees), so I did 3 hill repeats at Interlakken with a few miles before and after. I didn't wear a HR monitor or time them, but felt like I got a good workout.

My 3rd triple of the day was 3 Advil with my tuna sandwich for lunch to quiet the hip. I'm not planning to run again until my long one on Saturday.

Interval run:
2 miles warm up: 18:05
3 x 800: 3:44, 3:42, 3:43 (Avg HR 158)
1.16 mile cool down: 10:23
Total: 5.1 miles, 0:46:50

Bike:
12.1 miles, 3x .5 Interlakken hill, 55 minutes

No comments: