Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Rain, rain, I'M going away!

Today it was 80 degrees with sunshine and bright blue sky in Seattle...APRIL FOOL! Actually, it was about 37 and snowing this morning after I came home from swimming...seriously not OK. I'm about as tired of being cold as I am of my hamstring hurting...ok, maybe not quite THAT much, but both conditions seem to be persisting long past what should have been their due date...sigh.

Anyway, I'm a week into spring (yeah spring, use the term loosely) break and have had a great relaxing week so far...did a short trip to Portland last week on Amtrak, have been cooking a lot, went to the Bikeworks auction, slept in most of the time, and have had a front row seat view of some major life happenings for Seujan...cool stuff. I'm not quite sure how I burned right through a week of leisure time, but my ability to lounge has been honed quite well lately.

Tomorrow, thankfully, I'm flying to St. Simons Island, GA for about a week to see my parents...while it may not quite be sunny and 80 there, either, it's looking like 70ish is likely and that'll work. I'm hoping it'll be warm enough for the favorite chacos and cargo shorts I've packed...oh please, oh please, oh please...

No comments: