Monday, April 20, 2009

Good day sunshine!

Whew, the old blog has been starving again the last couple of weeks, huh? Quick re-cap...got home from the Georgia/Spring Break "get spoiled by the parents" trip , the Brontosauruses have since accessed high speed internet (of course, after I left), I dog-sat last weekend, went back to school last week (serious cobwebs in my head that had to be sand blasted after 3 weeks off), and dog sat again one night this weekend. This was the cute face I woke up to yesterday morning...Maggie, the Great Dane, so sweet!!



I have a friend, CJ, who has a dog walking business...she has a couple of big dogs herself, so she can't offer overnight dog-sitting...and thus, I am benefitting as she is starting to hire me out for gigs like this past weekend's sleepover with Maggie.
Other than school kicking back up and my hamstring continuing to make me depressed, angry, and kinda insane-- alternately and sometimes simultaneously-- depending on the day-- spring has appeared and so have some of Seujan's family members. Seujan found her birth mother and 2 sisters that she didn't even know she had a few weeks ago...and at the moment, her mom, one of her sisters, Heather, and Heather's fiance, Johnny, are now visiting Seattle. I was fortunate enough to be asked to drive the airport shuttle on Friday night for the (re) union of the family and also got to take SJ's mom to SJ's latest nutcase race, a 50km trail run in North Bend yesterday, and to partake in the post-race party where SJ's mom cooked a seriously great dinner for several of us last night. It's been fun getting to know Seujan's family a bit as she does...good times.
Seujan's family, who are visiting from Georgia, appear to have brought real live spring weather with them...today was GORGEOUS...70ish and sunny. SWEET! I didn't have class today, so I slept in and went to 7 a.m. swim team workout with Tatyana...then later I had a nice walk downtown to the gym and to REI where I opened up my birthday week with a purchase of some new sunglasses (thanks, Mom!)...then spent the afternoon doing 2 practice massages. The Shoebox makes a pretty decent spa environment with the sliding glass door open, birds chirping, and a great view of Mt. Rainier. Nice!

1 comment:

CO said...

Hey, how about some pictures of the latest dog in your life? Your practice clients? A sunny Seattle day? Something!