Saturday, April 16, 2011

Knee-covery

This week was a recovery week...turned out I needed it. Last week's long run followed by a couple of bike rides on my friend's bike (i.e. not a bike fitted to me)...followed by running hill repeats on Tuesday...got my knee really pissed off by Thursday night/yesterday morning. Some ice and Aleve last night and ice this morning seems to have helped get it in check, but I was pretty stressed out about it yesterday. After talking with Cheryl (who has more sense than me, by far), I trimmed down today's brick and did the bike part on my old bike/trainer with my old shoes. The bike ride scheduled should have been 30 miles, but I called it good at 1:15 and did the scheduled run. Between about 30-50 minutes into the biking, the knee was a little cranky, but then it was fine again and I kept it to a moderate pace...no standing, etc....The run felt fine for the most part and I kept that pretty flat, too. I iced again after the brick and the rest of the weekend will be rest, with more ice and Aleve too...hopefully, a little more recovery time will have me ready for a building week again by Monday. Brick: 1:15 bike trainer (Avg HR 129) 1:25 transition 40 min run, 4.4 miles, Avg HR 144)

No comments: