Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last day of 2006....

It's New Year's Eve and we are happily home on the couch in our sweats...not exactly party animal central, but we have jetlag as an excuse this time (not sure what our excuse was the last 2 years when we were asleep by 10 p.m on New Year's, but this one seems slightly more credible? Maybe?). We got back from Georgia/Florida yesterday and had a great trip...in between my mom's famous Christmas cheesecake, her bottomless cookie plate, and the turkey dinner and piles of leftovers, we read tons, relaxed, and actually had a pretty decent week of training. The heat and humidity came back down by the end of the week and we got in another long run on Friday. I was supposed to do 15 miles, but had been sick on Wednesday (a stomach ache pretty well levelled me for almost 24 hours) and 13 miles felt awfully long (my avg. HR was 159 even though I was running a 10 min. mile pace), so I decided 13 miles was enough. Fortunately, we'd received Christmas gift certificates for massages at the local health club, so that was a nice reward for finishing the long run!

Today we started out the day with a short run around Greenlake and then, this afternoon, we decided to get re-aquainted with our bikes since it was sunny. I haven't done an outdoor ride in several weeks and a 26 mile ride was embarrassingly humbling. It was really fun to be out to finish 2006 with a bike ride, but it was honestly hard to believe that RAMROD actually happened in this calendar year...there were some serious cobwebs in my legs. I got a swanky new bike trainer for Christmas and it seems I need to start using it pronto.

Tomorrow we're hosting a New Year's Day brunch party and will attempt to send several of our closest friends into 2007 with full tummies.

Here's the summary of this week's training:



No comments: