Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Accountants and trout....

So last night's boat ride was really fun...New Zealand accountants appear to be a raucous bunch and with a cooler full of booze and snacks, we had a great tour of Lake Taupo...it was a chartered fishing boat and Lake Taupo is apparently the trout sport fishing capital of NZ. The skipper did everything, but both SJ and I each got to wind in a fish and pose for photos looking like we knew what we were doing. Fortunately, the fish hoist didn't include either of us having to touch a hook or use the little bat to send the poor fishies to heaven...I'm not so hip on killing things, but I must admit that I'll be interested in tasting it once it's been smoked. We've been invited to another happy hour at the firm Friday at 5:00 where the 4 unfortunate trout that were caught yesterday are to be served (hopefully, with more Tui!).

It's raining today, but hopefully will clear up...I got in a good long run this morning along the lake and am scheduled to do a high ropes course at a place called "Rockin' Ropes" just outside of town all afternoon. I've been psyched about it for weeks, so I hope it's not still raining.

Seujan is registered, has her number, and is less than 48 hours from race start...GOOOOO #644!!

No comments: