Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Almost Canada bound

Race plan is done, bikes are tuned up with new tires (my argument that my bike is worth more than my car is, again, substantiated), and we're off to Canada tomorrow...3 days to race day. The taper hasn't been as awful as I'd anticipated because, unfortunately, I've been chasing my tail with so many other things that it seems I've been just as busy (and tired), albeit not as frequently showered. I had these visions of being lazy and bored and sitting on the couch watching TV and staring at the ice cream wondering if I'm allowed to have any, but this simply has not been the case.

I'm following the taper plan and doing shorter, high intensity workouts...yesterday was a good pool swim and this morning I got in an hour bike ride with about 4x 1 minute sprints and a few short hills. Tomorrow is a short interval run before we pack up all the gear and take off.

Seujan and I did not do our race plans together and I think her undisclosed secret strategy has something to do with me not existing on the race course, but our goal times are similar and it would be kind of humorous (ok, my opinion) if we did the whole thing near each other. I have large time ranges for each thing because this is a whole new game for me, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

My (truncated as I wrote way too much on the version submitted to the coach) race plan:

Swim: 1:10 - 1:20

T1: 3 - 6 minutes (who knows?)

Bike: 7:00 (Range of 6:47 - 7:28, i.e. between 15mph to 16.5 mph)

T2: 7 - 10 minutes

Run: 5 hours (Range of 4:48 - 5:53, i.e. between 11 min/mile to 13:30 min/mile pace if it gets ugly)

Total time: 14ish hours (Range of 13:45 - 15:30)

No comments: