Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The calendar matches the weather!

We've had 2 days of actual summer...woo-hoo!!! Yesterday morning I had a great sunrise swim with Julie, Duncan, Karen, and another guy, Nicholas, from the swim team. It was a gorgeous morning with calm water and the view of Mt. Rainier that's been all-too-scarce this summer for our lake swims. It was a pretty mellow swim as we only went to the tennis club and we stopped twice to talk about how nice the morning was. Just as we turned around at the tennis club to swim back, the sun came up and I could see it get higher each time I breathed on my right. It was pretty high and bright already by the time we hit the beach. Perfect summer morning.

Today I slept in and got in my bike interval workout at lunchtime by the lake. Again, it was a great day with the temperature around 80 and I was really happy to be outside. I had to do 8 x 2 minute intervals with recovery by heartrate...when it dropped 30 bpm, I hit the next one. The recovery took about 50 seconds on the first few, so I just did them all with 50 seconds in between and it was very close to being right on. Unfortunately, I hit some button(s) on my GPS/HR monitor and lost my data, but I know my HR was in the low to mid 150's on all the intervals with recovery to about 124 bpm. I was out just over an hour and got in just under 19 miles total. Good strong workout!

No comments: