Saturday, August 18, 2007

Last brick

Today I did my last "long" ride + short run brick before IMC. The ride was supposed to be 50 miles with a 10 mile TT in the middle...50 miles, what a perfect distance (!) and I felt strong on most of the ride. The TT was tough, but not awful...my legs were a bit tired and I didn't keep my HR as high for the whole thing as I think I was supposed to...but it was OK. I ended up with 57 miles (From J&J's house, thru Arboretum, over Mercer Island, to Newport, TT on E. Lk. Sammamish, back the same way) and did the 2 mile run in the arboretum as usual.

I didn't get much of a recovery as I had to rush home, shower, grab a sandwich to eat in the car, and get back down to Lake Wa. to set up the bike course for Danskin.

NOW it's time for a sushi date with Seujan :)

This was a good start-to-taper week...I still got in almost 11 hours of training, but I could tell that we've backed off a little. This week the volume comes down even more and by next Sunday I should be twitching and ready for the race!!

Summary:

25 miles, 1:45

TT = 9.96 miles: 29:33, Avg HR = 145

22 miles

2 mile run: 19:15, Avg HR = 137

Total:
57 mile bike
2 mile run

No comments: