Monday, August 13, 2007

Under Construction

Whew...last day of doubles today. The base/foundation is there and it's time to put up the "under construction" sign and let all of the training catch up inside my little cells. I cut my swim a little short this morning after Julie and I tried a little speedwork in the pool and my shoulder complained again...still got in 2400 yards and felt OK, but I think I won't push any more hard stuff in the water.

At lunch I did running hill repeats on the same hill (Broadway by the Howe St. stairs) where I did them 2 weeks ago. Had to do 8 x 1:30 and they were hard, but short at least. I'm glad that was the last round of those before the race, too. Hopefully my legs will remember how to run uphill on the course. Anyway, right at the top where I turned around each time, there was a really cute big golden retriever relaxing in front of his house in the sun. On the first couple of hills, he kind of looked at me like, "hmm, humans do funny things..." After a few more he'd moved up to his porch and still kind of half-noticed me running by...by the last 3, he was totally asleep and didn't care to move from his midday nap. If I wasn't a golden retriever in my last life (and I think I might have been), I'm putting in my request to be one the next time around. I sat at my desk and yawned several times this afternoon to practice.

Hill repeats:

Warm up: 1.75 miles, 18:00

8 x 1:30 hills
All were .16 or .17 of a mile and avg HR = 153-155 (167 max)

Recovery was 2:00 for each one

Cool down: 1.6 miles, 16:42

Total: 6 miles
1:00:43

No comments: