Thursday, August 09, 2007

Metabolism Unleashed!

One of the best (ok, maybe THE best) benefits of Ironman training is re-fueling after long runs and long bike rides...OINK! Today was a 15-mile run and I've been happily feeding my face ever since. In addition to fearing the mental gymnastics of the upcoming taper, I'm wondering how exactly I'm supposed to reel in the appetite...

But back to the run. Today was MUCH more pleasant and uneventful than last Thursday's crappy long run. 15 miles is a much more humane distance than 20, that's for sure...still hard and the usual body parts hurt a bit, but the whole thing was much more manageable than last week. I ran from home for a change and down around Greenlake, down Stone Way to the trail, then to Eastlake, Boyer, the Montlake Community Center, and back. It was much cooler than last week (less than 60 degrees) and I hit a lot of water fountains along the way, so that helped. I did the 9 minute run/1 minute walk (more or less) thing again and then walked the last .9 up the hill from Greenlake.

In unrelated news, Seujan and I will be beagle-sitting for a very cute little couch potato, Rosie. We call her "the potato" because that's pretty much what she does...Her moms dropped her off today and she's already assumed the position:

We love her!!!

Summary of the long run:

15.0 miles (9 minute run/1 minute walk)
2:42:36
Avg HR = 134

.9 mile walk
15:18

Total:
15.9 miles
2:57:54

No comments: