Thursday, December 20, 2007

Definitely, the bug...

OK, I'm continuing yesterday's theme song...because the results of yesterday's PT (and by the way, PT no longer means "physical therapist," but rather "personal torturer") session are now making me feel like I was the bug smashed by a windshield butt-first. My butt and quads are the most sore they've been since Ironman...the lunges, "skaters" and various other hopping and squat things are exactly what I need, but youch...all night I was waking up and feel more and more sore each time. I somehow managed 50 minutes on my bike trainer this morning, but every time I sit for 5 minutes or more, I have a hard time getting up and moving. Tin man city.

Had a great meeting with the coach this morning and will be ready to hit the ground running---or I guess I should say biking--with a newly designed plan the first week of 2008. I have to stay conservative on the running until the hip is back to 100% ("long" runs at 4-5 miles, augh) but the focus will shift to cycling and a spring training bike trip is in the planning stages to give me a training goal (half marathons are not allowed for a while). I'll also work on more strength stuff for legs/core in the hopes that I will not be as sore as I am at present...

I'm planning to go cross country skiing this Saturday...it's dumping snow up in the mountains and a good ski workout might be a good pretend-long-run.

No comments: