Friday, December 28, 2007

Cargo shorts in December!!

I am re-charging my solar panels! Today's highlights included driving with the top down in my mom's little cabriolet convertible and then sitting and walking on the beach barefoot and in shorts...not bad for December 28!! It was a little over 70 degrees today and pretty darn perfect except for a few clouds. I kept trying to think up more errands to have an excuse to drive around in the convertible, but all we came up with was the grocery store and then we went to the beach.

I went for a run this morning and stretched it to 4.5 miles (longest in at least a month) because it was so nice to be warm and on the beach. My hip is a little tight, but felt fine during the time I was running. I won't run again till I'm back in Seattle...but will keep doing other stuff.

Yesterday we did the morning family trip to the gym and I did a really good spin class and weights/plyometrics (while my mom did "Stretch & Tone class and deep water exercise because regular water aerobics is too wussy for her). The spin class was only 40 minutes of actual work, but a good butt kicking and, surprisingly, included neither country nor christian music...no small thing for spin class in Georgia. After an afternoon of going out to lunch and a tour of the Sea Turtle Center/hospital on Jekyll Island (very cool place and nice creatures, those turtles, although the injured ones looked pretty depressed, poor things), I went back to the gym for a swim. I was the only person in the outdoor pool as the sun was setting and the pool lights came on during my workout...the water was still ridiculously hot and I had to keep stopping to put my arms out and cool down, but it was a great swim and being outdoors to swim made me happy.

Tonight's event is happy hour (my mom has just called that "the bar is open!" as I type) at home and local fresh shrimp for dinner. YUM.

I haven't had a musical theme song in my head for a few days, but have read chapter 48 of "Eat, Pray, Love" at least 4 times followed by Chapter 49 at least twice...and those have provided some themes and a few one-liners to chew on...

No comments: