Friday, December 07, 2007

So much for race magic

Whatever relationship-repairing magic the Seattle Half marathon day held unfortunately didn't last for more than a few days. Game over. This week has included an apartment hunt (successful), purchasing at least one recommended inspirational book ("Eat, Pray, Love," thanks, Erin), and a lot of workouts in between several epidodes of spontaneous combustion.

I've felt the best in the pool this week and Julie told me this morning that she thought I was a bit faster than usual in yesterday morning's workout. I definitely know that training is my center...it works for making me happy, for burning off grief (ok, maybe a little anger, too), and for just about anything in between. I can usually only get my HR into the 140s in spin class and yesterday afternoon my average for a 45 minute class was 150bpm. My new marketing idea is that I think that 24-Hour Fitness should have a banner ad on Match.com and the other dating sites that says, "If your relationship tanks, click here..." with a reminder that you can go to their gym 24/7. This is extremely convenient when you can't sleep...nothing like an hour of the elliptical machine at 5:00 a.m.

In my true disco loyalty, I'm starting to believe that Gloria Gaynor will eventually (soon, I hope) be my theme song singer of choice, but I'm still feeling a little Dave Mathews...

It's finally supposed to be clear and cold tomorrow...planning to get out on my bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.