Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bachelor Blue

My toenail color is back to blue and I painted them myself...'nuff said... Fortunately, the blue color of my toes and, OK, a bit of my mood this last week, has been shared by the SKY and a last blast of warm weather has improved my disposition considerably. Thank god it's not raining all the time already as I just can't take it yet.

On Friday morning, I had a really great sunrise swim in the lake...it was basically a solo swim as the only other people there were 2 really fast dudes I don't know. After one of them helped me get my wetsuit on, I didn't see them again till we were back on the beach. It was a pretty dang brisk swim, but the moon and sky were amazing and when I stopped for a few seconds at the Tennis Club to turn around and clear my goggles, Mt. Rainier was totally clear and I could see the snow on it. Sweet...any lake swim at this point is total bonus as most people have already hung up their wetsuits for the season.

I road-tripped down to Olympia on Friday afternoon after PT (where, by the way, I got good marks for hamstring improvement) to hang out with Heather and Chase...exactly what I needed and they made a great dinner and I crashed there. Yesterday morning I went for a great 40+ mile bike ride around Olympia, out to Boston Harbor...lots of great scenery and hardly any traffic...really great. I also caught up with Stacy & Wendy for a little while and got to see part of Carter (age 6)'s flag football game which was about the cutest thing ever.

Today was sunny yet again and I went for another ride...I figure screw the rest day idea when it's sunny and 70 because it ain't gonna last. I had just gotten over to Mercer Island when my bike decided to become a single-speed and I couldn't shift the rear deraillier. And, of course, it was stuck in the hardest gear on the back. CRAP. I went right back across the bridge and to Triumph where the super nice dude (same one who first aided my bike on at least one other occasion) discovered I'd snapped the cable and replaced it. I was glad I had the emergency debit card in my bento box so I could pay the $12.50 and be on my way. I went back to Mercer Island again and got in a total of about 41 miles on a perfect sunny afternoon.

I managed to get invited over to Cathy's this evening for food and TV with she and Stacia...first episode of the Amazing Race is on tonight...cool!

No comments: