Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Carpe Swimmin'

This morning I managed to talk Karin G. into another brisk and dark lake Washington swim...no one else was even moderately tempted, but she's a champ and rallied. We met at Madison Beach for a 6:15 a.m. launch with the stars still clear and the beginnings of an orange horizon sunrise. The water was calm and, I swear, it was a little warmer than last Friday morning. We had a great swim and Tatyana was on the beach when we returned. Karin flew off to work and T and I went for coffee and an overdue "catch up and process our lives" session at Starbucks. Great morning, god bless neoprene.

Yesterday I had yet another weather-inspired bike ride (after a swim in the morning and weights at lunch, guess who can't sit still as usual). I've been photosynthesizing on a bike 6 of the last 8 days which might be a record for me. My legs felt heavy all day yesterday, but the sun was just too much to resist and once I started riding I felt good, even on the hills. I had a great ride around Mercer Island and to Seward Park in a sleeveless jersey with views of Mt. Rainier...not bad for the very end of September! The idea of fall is much more palatable on a sunny afternoon in record-setting temperatures, that's for sure. I was in bed crashed out at 9:00 p.m.

No comments: