Friday, September 12, 2008

Facebook is the new Blogger

OK, OK, I can no longer take the assessment of my blog as "languishing" as an insult. It's become more of a valid observation. However, lately it's seemed that most everyone I know is on Facebook and we all get each other's concise and frequent updates (and, hey, I'm thinking concise is something that perhaps could serve me well...) plus lots of photos, too. It almost feels redundant to post photos here when I already put them up on Facebook. So languishing or not, I'm going with the strategy of using Facebook as my blogging crutch from now on when I'm not up for my usual verbosity.

ANYWAY...catching up again here...last weekend was another fun-a-thon with happy hour with Anh on Friday, a Storm Game + Karoke on Saturday (group efforts I participated in after several beers included "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" and "We are Family") and the last roof BBQ party I hosted on top of the Shoebox building on Sunday night. On Monday I came down with something that only hiking with HH could cure and we spent the day up off of Hwy 2 at Lake Serene. It was another perfect fun day...the tally of those this summer has gotten pretty high, for sure. HH was smart enough to hike with 2 pumpkin beers in her pack (and nice enough to put them in a ziplock of ice when I wasn't looking and surprise me with COLD ones at the top...SWEET!!)





I've also been to a new PT 3 times in the last week for the hamstring situation...not surprisingly, the problem seems to need: (1) rest from running and, (2) improved core strength that can only be achieved by doing exercises correctly (for godsake, isn't it enough to just DO them? Crap, I hate doing them RIGHT and figuring out how to turn "on" the TA muscles, doesn't someone just have a remote or something?). I haven't run in a week, but have been hanging in there with a bit of cycling, another mountain biking lesson (during which I had a short attitude problem, but eventually corrected it) and a lot of swimming, indoors and in the lake. I also have to admit that I've hardly been using my HR monitor at all and...here's the big confession...I'm starting to NOT miss it.

HH and I are road tripping to Sandpoint, Idaho, tomorrow for about 5 days to play...the forecast is stellar and I can't wait! Another chunk of summer...woo-hoo! I'm savoring every second of sun and fun as the end is unfortunately in sight...

1 comment:

Robin said...

hey ruth, we should talk about hamstings, cause i think we might have something similar, and i got all the core BS stuff to do too!