Monday, September 22, 2008

Stealth swim

It's the first day of fall and it certainly feels like it. However, despite the "highs in the low 60's" forecast for today, I'm holding out a little longer and refusing to wear socks. I'm bucking up one day at a time here...can't handle it all at once.

I am housesitting at Michele & Jill's for a couple more days and taking care of Roxy, the (slightly spoiled) Chihuahua, and Zoe, the fuzzy cute cat who (as most cats do) doesn't like me so much. And I'm not making that up...this morning she just would NOT come back into the house, despite my rumbling of the treat bag and my 2 attempted mini-safaris into the bushes where she was camping out as far from me as possible and looking at me like, "yeah, just try to get me out of this corner..." I was unsuccessful and will go back later to work on my imitation of Jill's nice cat-enticing voice, but I'm not at all confident I can woo her indoors without the assistance of some tough love from the hose...

Anyway, I got up early in the mini animal kingdom today, got them fed, and headed for the pool at Seattle U...went in the door right on time, through the locker room, and onto the pool deck where I was completely alone. For the whole hour. No teammates, no coach, nobody. I think we must be in between sessions until next week...anyway, I decided to carpe diem the indoor open water opportunity and had a slightly lonely but decent 3,000 yard swim...

No comments: