Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hey-Hey, Ho-Ho

Prop 8 has got to GO!!



These are some pics from the Proposition 8 Protest rally yesterday in Seattle...great event! Leave it to gay people to turn a protest about the lack of civil rights into a bit of gay pride in November. After a morning run, I went to a little pre-rally mimosa party yesterday morning before a group of us went to Volunteer Park for the gathering and the big march. We ended up with this cool flag and ran up to the front of the march, landing us within the big photo in the newspaper today (OK, you had to look really hard to see us, but we'll take it). Anyway, it was awesome and there were something like 7,000 people there.
After the march, I went to see a super massage guru at a running shop in Lynnwood about my hamstring. This 76 year old guy is amazing and does killer trigger point/pain release work with the assistance of some crazy machines that are like, well, little body jack-hammers. It was unlike any treatment I've ever had and pretty amazing--nothing like the stuff I'm learning in massage school, that's for sure. I'm definitely going back to him and am hoping he can become a bit of a mentor to me...he works primarily on runners/athletes and knows a ton.
After the marching and the hammering, I met the usual suspects back on the hill last night for Hot Flash and a bit more vodka than may have been neccesary...much fun as always. It was a totally fun day and the studying work ethic was, um, pretty much toast.
I studied a little today (still not enough, but the books were cracked, I promise), got in another nice outdoor bike ride, and made some guac burgers with Seujan. She is training for a crazy 50 mile trail run in about 3 weeks and had run 20 miles yesterday and 26 today...it's possible she's really the nutcase I always believed her to be...I mean, really, WHO DOES THAT, right?
School continues to be great although I have a test and a practical in my kinesiology class on Thursday that could be a bit of a challenge...last week in that class, I got to be the muscle model. Our instructor,Michael, used me as a demo and drew on my back with magic markers to outline the muscles. Then we all drew on each others' backs and it was really pretty cool. The only problem was in the practical class later that day when we were doing massage on each other and getting the marker ink all over our hands, the sheets, and our shirts...I think the last of it finally came off of me in the pool the next morning. Anyway...yeah, there's a test on Thursday that will probably be a bit harder than all the other tests so far. I've taken my muscle flashcards to bed with me a few times, but the information didn't magically jump into my dreams or my memory upon waking...I may have to actually study.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, nice blog, by the way. Our company sells

wholesale massage tables and chairs, which might be of interest

to some of you guys. If you would like to check out our website,

it has prices and pictures of our products. Tables are on sale

for $175 and our chairs are $150.
http://www.serenitymassagesupply.com