Monday, November 03, 2008

I heart groceries!

Today is my mom's birthday...go mom!!!

My hamstring is still producing a dull roar most of the time, but I got fed up with waiting to go running (and starting to feel like I'm not really a triathlete anymore) and took myself to Greenlake yesterday for a run. I did a nice flat 4 miler in between rainstorms and got reaquainted with my running shoes. The hamstring is annoyed, but it isn't too much more pissed off than usual today. I must admit that there are some other sore things, though, that I'm feeling...kind of embarrassing that a 4-mile run made me sore, but I haven't run in a month so I guess it makes sense...yikes. As my mom, the birthday girl, would say, "Getting old is not for sissies." Augh.

This morning it was back to the pool. A few weeks ago Julie decided that we should stay a little later on Mondays and do 4,000 yards. This was the 3rd 4,000 yard Monday and it was a great workout, but tough...went to the gym later and definitely felt it.

Today was also my first no-work Monday as last week was the end of my time at the ADA...I'd like to say I was incredibly productive today with a totally wide open day, but, well...let's be honest and call it marginally productive. I did complete a poorly drawn diagram of the 3 layers of the skin with my colored pencils (thank god, our anatomy teacher says it will not be graded on artistic merit), installed MSN messenger (cause I need a 3rd means for IM'ing besides on gmail and facebook), and, upon worrying about my finances yet again consulted craigslist. I answered an ad to be in a focus group about grocery stores and got a call tonight. Looks like I'll be hanging out for 2 hours with other shoppers in the 35-44 age range to talk about grocery shopping next Wednesday evening! I was quite happy that one of the screening questions was whether I enjoy grocery shopping and I could tell Louise, the nice phone screener lady who was following her script very carefully, that I do, indeed LOVE it! Can't wait to go talk about food for 2 hours and make $75 next week!

Hopefully, this is Obama-eve...looking forward to seeing what happens with the election tomorrow.

No comments: