Saturday, November 08, 2008

Mellow Saturday

Another week of school flew by and it appears I'm already about halfway through the first quarter already...wow. Although I'm happily settled in to student mode, I'm still pretty tired a lot and have been really wiped out at the end of many school days. This week, I had another test and learned tons of new stuff in the hands-on classes including a great neck sequence--I zonked out about 3 times on the table in class that day when I was the recipient!

Despite being pretty tired all week, I kept the usual workout schedule and actually went for a run (2 in one week!) Wednesday after school...my hamstring is still pretty friggin' cranky, but I had another fresh air craving and went out for a 4-miler just as it was getting dark. The other highlights of the week were, of course, the election (which, fortunately, Obama slam-dunked before my bed time), going to Tatyana's for dinner on Thursday (what luxury---dinner made for me!), and having my new pal from School, Shannon and her partner, Emily, and Seujan over for dinner on Friday night. I made some killer chicken chili and cornbread if I say so myself.

This morning I was hoping to go out on my bike, but it was pouring. I got out my bike trainer and the 3 episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" I've taped over the last few weeks and settled in for an indoor ride. As soon as I really started sweating, there was a sun break outside and no more rain. By then, though, I was committed to my workout plan and absorbed in Grey's, so I stayed put and made it 2 hours on the bike...my butt and nether regions fell asleep at about the end of the first episode, but I took a quick break and regained feeling in all of my parts soon thereafter. Later this afternoon I walked down to Broadway and met Cathy and Cara at the movies to see "Happy Go Lucky." Unfortunately, the title of the film seemed to represent the writer's work ethic while creating the screenplay; the movie had no plot...all 3 of us walked out saying, "WHAT was that movie about???" as we walked to Siam for some good Thai food and conversation...good mellow Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Either do some homework, update your blog or send me more emails! :-) Colo.