Wednesday, January 07, 2009

On the comeback trail

So...the yoga thing seems to have been a good idea. I slept late with the dogs and woke up a bit stiff this morning--the hammie was really feeling it when I first got up. But...I stretched with the morning coffee (I'm becoming pretty religious about stretching--old age and wisdom? OK, more like old age and necessity) and went for a run a couple hours later. I was able to run 5 miles on Saturday and went for 5.25 today. Both times I didn't push it hard or do any hills (ran at Greenlake) and I DID feel the hamstring...BUT (butt), it was only a dull roar so I'm calling it progress. I stretched again after running and later in the day felt much better than I usually do after a run. I'm happy to be getting re-introduced to my running body...I've missed it and hope I'm really on the mend...I can hardly remember running without some pain and hope it happens again!

Today also included hanging out with my friend, Shannon, from school. We had a great chat and it was good to hear that I'm not the only one who's ready to get back to school soon...we're both enjoying a bit of leisure, but starting to burn out on TV and chill time. Later today I got my report card from first quarter and was happy that I did better than I thought...guess you could say I nailed it :)

1 comment:

Stacy W. said...

Hey Ruth!
Don't know what brought me to your blog, but I'm glad it did! We've got it in our favorites and I'm taking a few minutes to surf. I love reading and seeing pic of your daily adventures! You and your workouts are amazing! Carter kept Wendy and I up ALL night last night barfing! Poor kiddo. Today is a sick day in the rain. Hope to see you this weekend. Love, S.