Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunny winter bike ride!

Look out...I'm about to use the words "sunny," "January," and "bike ride" in the same sentence...yeah, and without the words, "frostbite" and "pain." As in....I went for a comfortable 30 mile sunny bike ride today, January 18th, without freezing or wincing.

On Friday evening, I went out to Ocean Shores with Heather & Chase and their family (i.e. Heather's parents, and the kids). As always when Candi (Heather's mom, the restaurant owner/Chef) is around, there was a mountain of food and good wine on site the whole weekend, including tons of homemade bread (super YUM). So great and cozy. The weekend started with the first season episode of my favorite show, "Friday Night Lights," and some amazing clam chowder. It was sunny on the coast and fun to hang out with everyone, watch movies and the waves crashing, and relax. I took my massage table, too, and was able to give 3 massages yesterday and log some good hours. This quarter I have to do a lot more practice hours for school, so I was happy to get off to a good start.

I woke up early today and solo road tripped myself back to Seattle...as was the case on the drive down, I took Aleve and sat on an ice pack in pain almost the whole way...my hamstring just KILLS sitting in the car, it really sucks. When I got home, it was sunny and warming up nicely, so I decided to try a bike ride. Fortunately, sitting on the bike is way more comfortable than sitting anywhere else and I had a really nice ride around Mercer Island. It's been weeks since I've been outdoors on my bike and the poor thing has been cleaned and sitting on the rack looking forlorn for weeks...it was great to get out in the fresh air and sunshine. I got home just in time to shower and head downtown to meet a bunch of fun girls for the "L Word" premiere at Cinerama (they killed Jenny--whoo-hoo! I've hated her for 5 seasons!)...and then we went for drinks at Purr. Super fun weekend with lots of my favorite people.

I have the MLK Day holiday tomorrow, so I'll have some time to get some stuff done before hitting the ground running again at school on Tuesday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scapula, metatarsal, fibula, tibia - something!