Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy new year?

Back in Seattle and, of course, have been colder than I prefer to be since I stepped off the plane on Wednesday evening...I made a showing on New Year's Eve with some girls on the Hill, and lasted almost till midnight, but crashed while barely still in 2008.

I guess the good news is that the days will start getting longer again now...onward and upward toward spring! Note to self: keep working on that someday strategy of being a snowbird. I'm dogsitting at Jenny P's till Thursday and throwing the almost-frozen toys for the dogs to fetch often results in some pretty cold fingers.

2009 will hopefully be a good year and things should pick up when school starts again a week from Monday. So far, though...things are mellow and not exactly stellar...I guess the solo down time is prodding some food for thought (dare I say resolutions?) and some vision for how I want to show up for 2009. I got a cool tarot card reading yesterday (becoming an annual traditon) that is slowly putting me in a hopeful mindset for a coming "year of strength."

This morning was great, too...I went to the swim team workout at Green Lake and, after swimming alone for the last 3 weeks while our team has been on break, it was really good to be in the water with some of my favorite swimmer pals. Rebecca, Tatyana, Karin, and Liz were all in the pool and I got in a good 4,000 yard swim. Then we all went for a long coffee/chat afterwards...perfect morning. Today: hair trim and Hot Flash with the usual suspects on the Hill.

No comments: