Monday, March 19, 2007

All coached up again...

Forgive me blogger, for I have sinned...it's been 13 days since my last post.

I still have a slightly visible "z" shaped tan on my feet from my favorite Chaco sandals...my favorite shoes which now lie dormant again in my closet. The tan is fading and peeling...and I'm trying not to let my happy vacation attitude do the same. At least my favorite chacos in the closet are near some new bike shoes purchased yesterday with my REI dividend--woo-hoo! It will be fun to try new shoes and a new type of pedals soon...oh yeah, on my NEW BIKE!! Yeah, baby...new wheels.

I met with Cheryl last Thursday and got my Iron Plan officially started...it will be in 5-week chunks starting today. It's nice to be planned up again...I tend to do well with assignments! I will probably do a half marathon on May 13, some form of early season short tri, then the half-iron in July and the big Kahuna in late August. In the meantime, I'm hoping the weather will improve so I can train for some of this and can test out the new bike soon.

My long runs are still around 9-10 miles at the moment...the hip that was almost symptom free in New Zealand (funny how vacation cures all), has been making itself known again the last few days...so I may need to watch it a bit. I'm going back to Erik, the PT guru, this Thursday to get an assessment. I've done more abduction leg raises in the last month than can be counted (ok, maybe I COULD count them as I keep the O.C.D. schedule of all training, but it'd be a damn lot is my point)...so hopefully, getting the hip area stronger will help.

Not much else to report except that Seujan has accepted a new job at Starbucks starting next week! I'm already mentally brewing up the free java...a pound a week! Bring it on.

I still need to get some of those great NZ photos posted on the blog...will get on that soon.

No comments: