Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sunday I hosted a household lazy-a-thon. The most active thing all day was grocery shopping, during which we ate scones and strolled through QFC. I thought about going to the gym that day, I thought about doing core that day, and I thought about walking Greenlake that day...but...I did a soduku, read the paper, watched a LOT of bad TV and fell asleep on the couch during a basketball game while (a rare and wonderful occasion) Seujan cooked dinner. In between all of the above activities, I ate to maintain the pace. It's a good thing I took a rest day on Sunday as the training schedule hit hard first thing yesterday...

Monday morning was my first hill repeat workout. I ran around Greenlake and then did 4 repeats of the 5th Street hill from 71st up to 80th (.3 miles). 4 doesn't sound like many, but it was hard. Then I lifted yesterday afternoon at the gym.

Today was back to swim team (which felt hard despite the fact that I swam 3x last week during the spring break from the team) and tonight was intervals on the bike trainer. I'd taken my bike and all my cycling crap to work with the intention of riding outdoors this evening, but of course it rained so I came home and got on the trainer. Seujan had taken her bike to work, too, and ended up driving it home again in the back of her car like I did. I think the Ironman has caught up with her as she went to bed before 8 p.m. tonight, so I'm doing my best to watch all of American Idol before I hit the hay, too.

Anyway, back to the bike workout. This wasn't exactly fun, but I made it through 50 minutes of it and 10 intervals, although they weren't all back to back:

15 minutes warm up
5 x 1 minute hard (HR up to 150-154)/ 1:30 recovery
5 min steady
3 x 1 min hard/1:30 recovery
few minutes steady
2 x 1 minute hard/1:30 recovery

Tomorrow is long run day (11 miles) and I'm happy that it's something SLOW after 3 interval workouts in 2 days...LSD is sounding pretty good. I also get to go see Erik again tomorrow for the continuation of the new bike fit and another hip check (hopefully, more ultrasound)...the new bike is still at the shop and unridden, but now has aerobar-compatible handlebars...by the weekend, it might be ready to GO!

No comments: