Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Double digits!

Today was long run day. I'm trying a re-arranged workout schedule where I do the long run midweek and the long bike ride on the weekend...or I guess I should say "WILL" do the long bike ride as I haven't done any yet and the weather forecast is crap, so I'm not sure how it's going to happen this coming weekend. But I digress. I came into work early and this long run on Wednesday idea seems to work pretty well so far. I can't decide whether working is a break from working out or if the run is a break from work...I think it will depend on the day! At the moment, sitting at my desk with an ice pack on my hip is fine with me.

Anyway, the assignment was to do 10 miles and it's the first double-digit mileage in quite a long time. I ran 10.5 miles...from the office, down and around Lake Union with Boyer/Interlakken added on. Coach said I should try to keep my HR down to about 137 for the long runs now, so I tried to slow the pace down. I didn't quite crawl slow enough to avg. 137 (cardiac drift + inclines in the last few miles contributed, I think), but the pace and the HR was slower than the last few long runs.

10.5 miles
1:46:46
Avg. HR = 139

No comments: