Sunday, March 20, 2011

First day of spring

I'm glad to be done with another building week and on a rest day today...and an easier recovery week coming up. Tomorrow I get to move home after about a month of housesitting and am looking forward to a little re-charging of the batteries this week. The last few weeks have been a bit crazy.

Thursday was long run day (9 miles) and I had to do it at 5:45 a.m....in the dark (stupid time change last weekend made me cranky and tired all week). It was a super slow one, but I did pick it up the last 2 miles, as per the plan, and I was damn happy when it was over. I did get to run in West Seattle, though, along Beach Drive and Alki, and having a different route was nice... it was cool to hear the water while it was still dark and I couldn't yet see it.

Yesterday was brick day...and I had a packed day afterward, so I had to get cracking pretty early so I could be somewhere by 12:30. I was on the bike by 8:15 a.m. and it was gorgeous out, but about 38 degrees. I chose the right gear, so I wasn't cold and the sunshine was great. The brick was supposed to be a 40 mile bike + 30 minute run, but I cut the bike a little short, mostly due to time constraints and how I did my route. I rode to Mercer Island and did the long side twice (out-and-back) and got in 34 miles without any stops...definitely felt the legs by the end of the ride since I've done so few "real"rides and so many on the trainer. Did a pretty quick transition...about 2:30, and ran an out-and-back in my 'hood. My legs felt very brick-ish...mission accomplished...and I was done by about 11:00. The rest of the day was work, fun, and dancing...and I got to bed at 1:00 a.m. with my feet and legs feeling completely flattened...did I mention I'm glad today is a rest day???? It's the first day of spring and sunny, so I'm a little bummed that the weather is great on a rest day, but I'll try to enjoy it without sweating. I'm working this afternoon doing chair massage at the "Big Climb" event, and that'll be close enough to a workout for me.

Brick:

34 mile bike
2:14:45
Avg HR 127
Avg pace: 15.1

Transition: 2:30ish

3.3 mile run
30:10
Avg HR 143
Avg Pace: 9:11

No comments: