Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Adding influenza to injury

Over the weekend, my sore throat gained momentum and turned into a full-on cold. On Sunday night, we had takeout pizza from Stellar (appropriately named) at our friend, Michele's house, but tragically, I couldn't even taste it. That really hurts. Yesterday morning at 5:20 as Seujan was leaving the house for her spin class, I thought maybe I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep, but bossy girl, aka the love of my life, yelled as she went out the door, "DON'T go to swimming and DON'T go to work!" Allright, already...I obeyed and crashed back out for a while and called in sick (but HA, she couldn't stop me from getting on the trainer later when Ellen was on TV and she wasn't home to stop me!).

Hoping that things don't actually happen in 3's like they (whoever "they" are anyway?) say, I'm slowly coming back from both the hip thing and the cold. I have started to believe that perhaps both are really temporary and I could be firing on all cylinders again soon. I haven't run in a week (yikes), but the hip no longer twinges when I walk and I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine today at lunch and it felt great. I'm hopeful that running might be in the near future (if approved by PT on Friday) and, in the meantime, I'm really trying to work on my posture...both Cheryl and the Chi Running book have pointed out what a slouch I am. Who knew I'd need to learn how to freakin' stand up at age 40? Next, I want some coaching on my running as I never really learned the real-deal form and how to do that right, either...

No comments: