Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Champion of denial

I'm not good at being injured. I called for a PT appt. and can't get in until a week from Friday. So...left to my own devices (and my "Do as I say and not as I do" way of handling things), I didn't run for 2 whole days... until today. My hip thing has been hurting, and I've been icing, advilling, and tiger balming, but I thought it was a little better and that maybe running on the treadmill would be bettter than pavement. This, I thought, was a reasonable enough sacrifice to the injury gods as I was running at lunchtime and it was about 50 degrees and partly sunny outside making the treadmill seem dreadful. They didn't buy it. I did a high aerobic/low tempo short run on the treadmill and then a bit more on the elliptical machine. It hurt a bit while running, but mostly just annoying, not incapacitating. Later in the afternoon, however, it hurt(s) WAY worse. I can swim and bike with no pain, but running and walking hurts. Not sure exactly how I can get this thing to be OK for the Saturday long run...supposed to do 17 miles.

Trying to get a grip and some perspective...and beginning to read "Chi Running," a gift from Tatyana a month or 2 ago...hoping for some good coaching...

No comments: