Thursday, January 11, 2007

Winter wonderland...

So the weather is the big news again in Seattle...making training a little more interesting.
Yesterday, I went for a quick run at Greenlake right after work, just as it was getting dark. As I started, it was dumping snow and about 32 degrees...took a little while to get warm, but it was beautiful with the snow collecting on the trees, the festive string of endless tail lights in the snarled traffic going up Aurora (where I was keeping pace with the cars!), and the few houses whose lazy occupants still had Christmas lights up. As soon as I started, I couldn't get the words to "Winter Wonderland" out of my head...It was fun and I was a little disappointed when the short run was over. I felt very fortunate considering that Seujan was stuck in the crappy traffic...we both left our offices at the same time and in the time I drove to Greenlake, ran around, drove home, and got dinner started...she barely inched home. Commuting to the East side sucks.

This morning things looked icy and I got to start the morning on my new bike trainer, spinning for an hour with the window open and watching the school closures and continual weather updates on TV. It's all sunny now and I'll head into work late...hoping to somehow wedge in an interval run later today.

No comments: