Saturday, July 07, 2007

Be careful what you wish for...

My months of lusting for the sun and warmth seem to have prompted a hell-simulator up here in Osoyoos. We drove up here last night and it was pretty much like getting hit by a truck when we stepped out of the car...Mid 90's and the forecast for race day tomorrow is about 96 degrees. "But it's a dry heat," as they say...yeah, whatever. I'm fighting the mental images of my shoes melting on my feet and have read this month's "Runner's World" article on running in the heat. Fortunately, it cooled to mid 60's overnight, so the morning and first part of the race should be great tomorrow and I AM looking forward to it. I'm pretty freaked out about the idea of the run in that kind of heat, but if I walk, I walk...I get more of my money's worth out of the entry fee if I have a longer race experience, right? At least I don't have to worry about rain or being too cold which are my most hated race conditions :)

Today will be packet pick up, bike check in, re-checking gear inventory, and as much acclimation as 2 girls from cool Seattle can pull off in a day.

No comments: