Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July Rain

It appears I haven't blogged in about 5 days...oops. So, backing up a bit:

Fat Salmon: My yearly favorite event was great. The conditions were probably the best ever and, although I didn't "race it" and push super hard, my time was slightly faster than the last 2 years...there was no wind and no chop, and I'm sure that's why. I was 9th of 41 women for the wetsuit division and 5 of 11 in my age group. Respectable and more importantly, it was fun to do it with Seujan and some other people we know, it was a perfect sunny day, and the T-shirts were one of the best they've done!

I still felt the effects of last week and didn't do another thing all weekend to recover for this week.

Monday was a swim and short run double...started to get my mojo back, both were fine.

Yesterday, I took the day off to get in a medium distance ride and to take Ja'Narah to a basketball clinic at UW. The ride was good...I started in Issaquah and went out to Tiger Mountain...climbed it one way, then turned around and climbed it again from the other direction, then went around Lake Sammamish...46 miles and felt strong most of the way.

Today it is raining and totally crappy...apparently, the Weather Coordinator grabbed the "November" file instead of the "July" file when she threw together today's conditions (or she was hungover...or mad at me...or something). Rain was not in my plan...and we are house/dog sitting this week, so I don't have my trainer or "indoor bike" or the time to fetch any of those things. Thus...my only option was to drag my ass to the gym at lunchtime for a spin class...in my tennis shoes, as I also don't have the right bike shoes nearby. But I guess it served its purpose. I did 45 minutes and, I'm sure, pissed off the instructor because I didn't do much of what the class was doing...I wanted an aerobic ride so I just sat there and kept my HR between 130-140 the entire time and didn't do her "jumps," or sprints even when (how horrible is this?) she said to be "honest injun" with the resistance on the bike. I can't believe people actually say crap like that anymore...

No comments: