Friday, July 13, 2007

Still recovering...

Since the near deathmarch bike ride on Tuesday, I've been mostly shooting for "active recovery" and working/figuring out a balance between slacking off and pushing the recovery week too hard/too soon. I think I have it in check, but who really knows. We had a nice swim in Penticton -at the beach where IMC starts-on Wednesday morning before the long drive home. Yesterday was a moderate 6-mile run and today I did an easy 23 mile bike ride and didn't take my HR monitor along. All 3 days things have felt "OK," not high energy, but not feeling like crap, either...maintenance. This weekend is the Fat Salmon 3.2 mile swim on Saturday morning (which I intend NOT to race, but we'll see if that works) and after that it's going to be recover and rest-o-rama until Monday. Next week the training steps back up and I'd plan to have the energy and enthusiasm back for it.

No comments: