Monday, October 06, 2008

Beagle in da house!

This week I'm dog-sitting my favorite beagle, Rosie...it's my 3rd week in a row with a dog/house-sitting gig (thank you, universe, for throwing these my way as the starving student chapter is beginning) and it's been great to be around so much dog energy. I had a blast with Roxy, the little football impersonator chihuahua (pick her up and run), had fun with Kirby & Nacho while my pal, Stacia was off winning the national Tennis Championships this past weekend in Tucson (go Staishe!), and I'm really digging having "the little potato" beagle this week. I love love love love LOVE this beagle and haven't gotten to hang out with her in several months, so I was psyched when her humans got a hold of me the other day. We're doing the stealth beagle-in-the-Shoebox routine like we did last spring and I'm hoping it'll fly again. I'm not exactly allowed to have a dog in the Shoebox, but the Potato never (and I mean NEVER) barks, so I'm hopeful. I'm visiting her cat friend, Tink (yeah, another cat, WHATever) at their house every day, but we're shacking up at my place until Saturday unless we get busted.

I'm getting in my workouts, but the weather has gone completely to CRAP and the Rosie triathlon of sleeping, reclining restfully with eyes at half-mast, and walking leisurely if necessary seems like a good idea as the season is gets increasingly more cold, dark, wet, and windy (augh, shoot me now). She slept while I went to the pool for swim team this morning and napped while I was on the bike trainer this evening...and, from the looks of things every time I come home, she pretty much sleeps in between napping!

I was going to try running around greenlake today (PT gave permission last week), but it was so lousy outside, I opted for watching the news with the dog on the bike trainer. I'm thinking that my aspirations of being a golden retriever in my next life could possibly be replaced by being a beagle. Seems neither would suck if you have the right humans looking out for you.

Tomorrow is my first day of school and I'm really looking forward to starting the new chapter...my brain is pretty hungry and it will be fun to get things going!

No comments: