Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bike a cold, starve a fever?

I have a stupid cold. I'm pretty sure I caught it at school as my massage swap partner from Wednesday's class was really sick on Thursday and by about Thursday night my throat started getting scratchy...ggrrrr. However, as usual, I'm sort of in denial about it and decided that "Feed a cold, starve a fever" could be replaced by "Beer a cold..." last night --i.e. 2 beers at happy hour with Anh-- and "Bike a cold..." today. I studied a bit this morning, drank tea and vitamin C stuff, and had to get out when the sun started showing up around noon. The extra volume in my head deflated in the cool fresh air and I had a really great 44 mile snot blowing ride over Mercer Island and around the south end of the lake. The fall colors are really pretty and it was great to be out in some sun. Of course, my head is expanding again now that I'm back indoors and took a shower...but it was well worth it.! I'm going to see a movie called, "Steam" with some people at the film festival in a while and will do my best not to be too disruptively sniffy...

The highlights of school yesterday included 3 of my 19-year-old classmates showing me some YouTube video of cage fighting that they really thought I would love because, well, they do (I had to say, "um, not so much..." within the first 10 seconds when there was blood and, of course, fighting) and later creating a limerick with Mari about "Strains." The class was broken up into small groups to research different pathologies and encouraged to creatively present them to the class. My rhyming was in classic form (if I say so myself) and I made up 3 verses about my hamstring and why massage would be helpful for it. I was glad we weren't assigned to research athritis like a couple of the other groups--I mean what the hell rhymes with rhumatoid or arthrits? I can't remember much of it now, but it started out with "In my hamstring I have this damn pain..." Our performance was well received.

No comments: