Tuesday, October 14, 2008

School is cool

It's week #2 of school and I'm still really liking it...I had a great day at school today (my Ethics Class and the teacher rocks) and also managed to get in a hamster session at the gym before school and a short (brisk, brr!) bike ride after. We learned petrissage today in the afternoon class and I volunteered to be the demo person... which meant that I got to be worked on by an instructor and then again by my swap partner of the day, Mari. Sweet! It was a really great deal, but meant I didn't get to SEE the demo that had been done on me by the teacher...and I've recently discovered (via a learning styles test we are taking) that I'm a visual more than a kinesthetic learner, so I might not try to be the first volunteer to be the demo in the future.

Anyway, I've learned effleurage and petrissage and tomorrow is friction. Bring it! I have planned practice sessions for this coming weekend to work on Tatyana and Liz...hopefully, I can put enough of this stuff together to imitate an actual massage. Yea for willing guinea pigs!

I'm still feeling like I have a lot of plates spinning and adjusments happening, especially with dog/house-sitting this week, but it's possible I'll get them spinning in synch...well, maybe.

No comments: