Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fallin' for fall?

Last night I had a rare moment of restraint and chose not to go to Happy Hour with Anh...It was quite the dilemma and not an easy decision, but I was quite happy with my choice to re-group a little after week #2 of school and chill. I made a low budget dinner, studied a little with Jenny's dogs and then rewarded myself with 2 episodes of "Dalllas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team" on CMT. Ah, trash tv at its finest and the first 2 episodes of the new season were on (I know, how could there have been ONE season, much less 3!?) I love America. And cable. I was psyched to lounge on the couch and laughed out loud several times while texting various people to tell them they should be watching it, too. I stayed up till 10:30 before sleeping 9 good hours to start the weekend.

Today has been another gorgeous fall day...although I definitely prefer summer and 80-85 degrees, I have to admit that the fall season is growing on me. Sunshine and fall colors made for a good solo double loop bike ride around Mercer Island...got in 42 miles. One highlight of the ride was the observation of real PAVING of the chunky pavement between Leschi and Madrona...there will be some blissful smooth blacktop for the next bike ride down there and it's about time (could somebody send that crew to the Burke Gilman trail next, please?)! The next stop is the gay/lesbian film fest with Chase & Heather, then Hot Flash...and if I can stay awake, SNL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? You gotta be kidding me! I had no idea there was such a show, let alone that an intelligent, wordly lady such as yourself would watch it. :-) My mindless TV is the Big Ten Network, e.g., Best Big Ten Football Games Through the Ages. Budget dinner: mac and cheese?