Saturday, December 20, 2008

First quarter DONE!!

I wish I had a dollar for every one of these snow-caused fender benders around town...I saw this one today on Capitol Hill when I was on (my now daily) ice hike downtown.
There were no humans in sight of these marooned cars (and btw, don't you love that one of them is a Subaru with a ski carrier on the top...you'd think this might not be the most likely vehicle for this kind of mishap, right?!)...guess the drivers are just staying warm somewhere and waiting it out at this point.

Today started out sunny, beautiful, and COLD--like in the teens. Many of the streets were still covered, but not in snow, it was almost solid ice. This made it more difficult to find crunchier stuff to walk on and get any traction, but still fun to be out walking. I haven't started my car since Wednesday and am hoping it'll still fire up when this stuff melts! I also need the weather to change so I can wash my favorite XC ski pants that I've been wearing every single day! I'm starting to run out of running tights aka long underwear, too...

I hiked down to the gym for a swim and then to school where we were able to do our last practical exams...yea! A bunch of people made it in today and it was fun to have a classroom full of massages going on and most of our teachers there--really good energy. My friend, Mari, and I exchanged massages and got our final practical exams checked off. YEA!! I'm a third of the way through school and now on break until January 12! Whoop! By the time we all got done, it was about 3:00 p.m.and snowing yet again. Most people made a run for their buses and cars, but 4 of us went to Happy Hour at Southlake Grill to celebrate the end of our first quarter. I walked part of the way home with Laura and when we parted ways at 12th & John I slipped and fell on the icy/snowy sidewalk. How nice that I managed not to wipe out for the last 3 days when hiking up the icy hills alone, but bit it when I was with someone else.

Most of the Saturday night social options have deteriorated tonight due to the weather, but April & Becky may lead the charge out for some night sledding later at Volunteer Park...

No comments: