Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow blast continues...

The snow blast/ice roads continued today and, again, school was closed. However, I was really fortunate/lucky that one of our instructors went in to school in case any of us could make it. I was the only one who could/did and was more than happy to hike down the hill and get my hardest exam checked off. Shew! It was great to get that one done.

My car has not been started now in about 48 hours, but my trusty hiking boots have logged quite a few miles! As much as I prefer 80 degrees and sunny, I'm kind of digging the snow scene this time. It's fun to be out and about and the sun today on yesterday's snow was really cool.

After I finished my kinesiology final downtown, I went to the gym. I was on the hamster machine watching the noon news when a story came on TV that I could also partially see out the window of the gym....

Why in the sam hell a bus driver --wait, make that 2 of them--- would go down the Thomas St. hill when it's a sheet of ice is beyond me, but it certainly made the news...and my little workout...and my walk home...more interesting. Things are still pretty dang icy and I decided late this afternoon (when one of my carpool buddies got sick) to ditch out on a party I really wanted to attend in Ballard.

Just after I reluctantly ditched the party idea, Becky proposed happy hour part deaux at Liberty...a few of us rallied and had another really fun evening with Andrew, the super cool owner, at Liberty. Tonight he indulged Becky's tequila interest and gave us a few tastings that were a bit more my speed than the bourbon last night. I also expressed interest in one of the cool bottles and, when we left, Andrew had emptied it and gave it to me. I had admitted earlier in the day that I think Andrew is great ("man crush!" Becky texted back to me), but I don't even know HOW to flirt with a dude and I'm going to brush off Stacia and Becky's accusations that I was doing so. The bottle is way cool, though, and I will seek a good use for it in the Shoebox!

1 comment:

Chef said...

You were totally flirting! I'll have no problem getting you to meet me there again :)