Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Almost open water time...




So it's almost July and the only open water swim I've done this year was a 23 minute attempt at a campground in upstate NY last week...just haven't felt tough enough for Lake Washington yet. But I'm edging closer and am at least swimming outdoors now (I know, lame, I really do have every intention of getting in the lake by July 4 if not sooner).

I went out to West Seattle for lap swim at Colman Pool today and was pretty happy with the vitamin D production. I could use another 20 degrees, but summer is slowly coming around. The masters' workout at Colman on Sunday was kind of grim... in the 50s and raining; the poor lifeguards were wearing parkas...today was a huge improvement on that scene, for sure! Really nice to be outside and warm in the big pool.

My legs were a little hungover from that brick yesterday (OK, it kind of felt like I was pulling telephone poles behind me in the water, I'll admit it), but the sunshine made it all good and I basically did an LSD swim with a few 50s at the end.

I strained my lower back loading a truck at the end of the GYGIG ride about 10 days ago and it's yelling quite a bit louder than my hamstring and my knee put together....It hurt a lot overnight and a bit in the water today...working on scheduling accupuncture and massage by the end of the week.

3000m swim, 1:00

1 comment:

CO said...

This pool looks gorgeous. I could get into swimming on a regular basis if I had a setup like this.