Monday, June 28, 2010

Seeing Double

While being fully aware of what a nerdy thing it is to love schedules and calendars...I must admit I'm quite happy to have gotten that color-coded training schedule last night, and I happily started following my marching orders from the coach today. Well, most of them. I kinda cheated a little. But I can rationalize it 100% (and I feel good about it).

Today was a double...an interval run and a swim. The interval run was to be 8 x 400's. I needed to make sure the dogs ran off some energy early and I also wanted to do my workout, so we met in the middle. I drove Olive & Otto down to Seward Park and ran them one loop for my warm up...then threw them in the car and ran another loop with the GPS so I could measure the 400's. I ended up getting in 6 x 400's...and they were hard...so I'm calling it good (while trying to supress the thought that 6 is 75% of 8 and that 75% would be a "C" if I were getting a grade, and I mostly prefer to get A's...oh god, shut up eternal chattering mind!).

I was thinking about another outdoor pool workout at Colman today, but (fortunately) had to change things up to accomodate a client, so I swam at 24 Hr Fitness late morning. Had my own lane, so no complaints.

Not much else to report...day of doubles = 2 laps of Seward Park with 2 dogs, had 2 clients, did 2 workouts...a nice day of pairs... If I have time tonight, perhaps I'll "on demand" the 2 episodes of Friday Night Lights that I haven't seen.

Interval Run:
2.4 mile warm up (22 min)
6 x 400 (with walk/jog recovery of .10 - .15 between each)
1:41
1:41
1:39
2:06
1:40
1:41
(max HR on these was 168)

Total: 5 miles, 46:29

2600 yard (2400m) swim: 42 min.

No comments: