Friday, June 25, 2010

Back in black...neoprene, that is

Finally! This morning was my first open water swim of the year in Lake Washington...it was cloudy and cool out, but the water was flat and it was a great swim. A few of the braver and tougher swimmers have been in for weeks, but the water temp. was 59 a few days ago and I've been waiting for non-hypothermic conditions...or just a few more days that impersonate summer. But...Julie sent out the all-call email this week to the usual pod and this morning I was back in black..wetsuit, insulated cap, and socks...and was actually just fine. A little brisk on the entry, but we were in for 45 minutes and I wasn't even shaking when I got out. Many of the usual suspects were there and it was great to catch up at the Essential Bakery after the swim. I also had a great accupuncture & massage session today and my back is feeling MUCH better.

Didn't blog yesterday, but had a good early morning run on kinda tired legs and felt pretty good. Met with the coach, too, yesterday, and will soon have the color coded plan for the next 4 weeks till my race in hand...whoop!

Run:
6.25 miles
58:37
Avg HR: 140
Max HR: 153

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH...glad to see you back in all ways. yep, I am one of the 3.
~Ann