Sunday, July 11, 2010

Race in a week!

Whoo-hoo...Sunday rest day and I'm due. I had another good training week...registered for the Seafair sprint tri next Sunday (despite the fact that it means I paid $65 to do a short brick on the same roads I ride/run all the time, but whatever), so it's T-minus one week till I get to race and see how the training is really settling in.

Yesterday was a run/bike double...neither was at a "push it" pace which was just fine with me. I'm dog sitting in West Seattle and took advantage of the change of scnery and routes... went for an early flat run on Alki. It was fine, but I was definitely not jonesing for speed, hills, or extra credit distance. Nice morning with a cloud cover that burned off right about the time I got done running, giving way to another day of perfect sunny weather. After coffee and breakfast, I went out for my hour ride, and did a loop around West Seattle, along Alki and up past the ferry dock, up and over Marine View Drive. Nice to get a few hills, but I didn't kill myself on this ride...it was really pleasant and just fun to do a quick ride. I didn't know how long it would take and was supposed to do an hour...turned out to be exactly an hour when I pulled back up to the house. Perfect! Later I went to watch the Crit at Redmond Derby Days...and it was quite nice to watch other peoples' legs working hard while I did some good work on my tan.

7 mile run
1:06:14
Avg HR: 145

14.65 mile bike
1:00:39
Avg HR: 123
Max HR 155

No comments: