Thursday, September 14, 2006

Back to blogging...

So I used to be a bike tour guide and I kept a pretty cool (if I say so myself) blog with lots of photos of the places and trips I did...then, I got a "real" job and figured that photos of a cubicle and stories about staff meetings would probably be less marketable in blog-land. So I quit paying for my old domain name, gave my little camera some rest, and stopped posting. Now, however, I'm bending to some peer pressure to climb back on the blog bandwagon as I've registered for Ironman Canada 2007. Apparently, it might be worthwhile to document the approximately (ok, not approximately, exactly) 347 training days between now and then. Worthwhile to whom remains to be seen, but I think it might be worthwhile to ME so off I go...

I ended (at least I'm pretty sure I'm done) this season with the Black Hills Tri last Saturday...


It was a blast and I placed 4th in my age group...which seems to be a recurring theme when I race. My very first tri (Danskin '04) I placed 2nd in my age group and since then have gotten progressively more fit, but have never finished as high. Maybe it's a small fish/bigger pond situation, at least that's what I choose to believe. ANYWAY, I felt great last Saturday and actually thought that now, at the end of my 2nd "real" triathlon-ing year, I am a triathlete. However, on the scale of aluminum to iron, I'm very much on the aluminum end of things...haven't done a race longer than Olympic distance and have never run more than 10 miles at once. Ironman in 347 days is a BIG goal, but I'm psyched.

No comments: