Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yesterday was a long run day...well, long for me. Got in about 8 miles yesterday morning with a bit of hill action and my legs are sore today. Just a bit scary to think that my "long" runs now are less than a third of a marthon...which is less than a third of an ironman. Actually, it's the marathon stat that's more scary than the ironman one. However, some of my perspective has shifted. A few months ago, a half marathon seemed daunting and a monkey I wanted to get off my back so that MAYBE I'd feel confident to do a half ironman next year. Since I registered for Ironman, the half marathon thing got a lot smaller in my head. And...strangely enough...I sort of look forward to the long runs these days. Also got in a lift yesterday.

This morning was a good swim team workout which will probably be the only workout of the day today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A curious thing happens to people that wander around in the jungle... just when they get one monkey off their back, another one jumps on and takes his place. Feed your monkey. They make good pets.