Thursday, September 28, 2006

Global warming bliss

So global warming is apparently a bad thing...but if it's to "blame" (I'd say thank) for the current july impersonation that the weather is doing this week in Seattle, I have a really REALLY hard time thinking it can be bad--I'm just running around outdoors as much as possible and charging up my solar panels. Nothing like a good healthy drought to make me a happy camper!

This morning I got in one of several amazing sunrise swims in the lake...the water was glass, the mountain was clear, and several rowers and a water skier went by about 7:00 a.m. I watched the sun come up breathing every other stroke to my left...amazing how fast that thing breaks the horizon. My swim buddy, Tatyana, and I are savoring the last few of these morning swims we'll get to have this year...wetsuits are a brilliant invention! Every day we're out there it seems we're getting away with something since the calendar says it's 3 days till October and all of our teammates have already abandoned the lake for the pool. I also had a blissful bike ride last night around Mercer Island...no arm warmers or extra layers required there, either. SWEET!

No comments: