Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Business meets pleasure...

Today I got to work on some route development for the event I manage, the Seattle Tour de Cure. This meant being AWAY from my desk to drive and bike some potential new routes in the sunshine. Score! After getting lost in my car in Woodinville (why the hell that happens every time I go there, I don't know...I swear, it's the devil's triangle of navigation...or odd fate that the only thing I can ever find there for sure is Red Hook Brewery), my car and I wound our way up to Snohomish to meet the always-prepared map toting Jeff at 10:00. I'd heard that the River Rd. was a "must-ride" and he'd mapped out a nice flat loop from Snohomish to Everett that included it. We had a nice sunny morning bike ride, easy pace, and 18 miles with a total of 434 feet of elevation gain (RAMROD seems ancient history at this point!). Definitely added a chunk to the eventual route and am still piecing together the rest (translation: more days out of the office on my bike, brilliant, right?). What I need most is a safe, scenic, direct route from Marymoor to Snohomish. Map creaters wanted!

No comments: