Friday, September 15, 2006

What to call the blog...

So...day 2 of my blog and I've re-named it already. This summer, I fell in love with an Amos Lee song called, "Keep it loose, keep it tight." It's kind of a mellow song that, on first listen, wouldn't seem to be one you'd put on your ipod for hard workouts or use for racing inspiration, but I really love it. While doing the last 2 races of this season, that phrase just popped into my head, especially on the run, and it just stuck and felt like the perfect mantra. Thus, it appears I have a proper theme song and title for the coming year as I want to maintain some balance...keep it loose: have fun, perhaps actually learn about recovery, rest, and tapering other than just reading about it...and keep it tight: train hard, do the work, get through the long and hard stuff.

This morning was probably the last open water swim of the summer season which is damn depressing for me as I'd prefer to live in permanent summer...we started in almost dark at 6:15 a.m. (darkness worsened by tinted goggles), but it was still a nice 54 minutes in the open water our to the yellow house and back. Planning a spin class/treadmill brick at lunchtime...another slightly depressing prospect as I've managed to avoid the dreaded spin classes for a few months now.

Next Thursday is the first day of fall and I think I will wear all black and mourn. Sigh. Seujan, conversely, is coming alive and getting more and more happy about the fall weather and the beginning of running season. I know we are perfectly matched, but our weather/season preferences are directly opposed. Fortunately, there is some time before we retire for me to convince her that snowbirding will be the ideal lifestyle for us...

No comments: